Accountants will soon be competing directly with solicitor firms ‘on every high street in the country’, according to a leading financial adviser to the legal sector.Ian Muirhead, chairman of Solicitors Independent Financial Advice, said he expects 750 accountancy firms – three times more than first envisaged – to move into probate work after securing an alternative business structure licence.The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales has accredited 113 entities as an ABS since last October, having been accepted as an approved regulator almost a year ago. A further 34 applications are being processed.Speaking at a Westminster Legal Policy Forum, Muirhead said too many solicitor firms are ‘in denial’ about the threat from the accountancy profession.‘Success will go to those who can manage businesses and I query whether that’s going to be the solicitors or whether solicitors are going to be the back-room boys,’ he said.Muirhead argued that law firms’ response so far has been focused on consolidation, mergers and acquisitions – but this risks playing into rivals’ hands.‘[The response is] safety in numbers, more of the same, not thinking outside the legal silo, and therefore missing the opportunity of which many new ABSs are availing themselves, of providing a more diversified and holistic client service,’ he added.Muirhead said law firms should invest in maintaining contact and good relations with existing contacts, rather than spend money on getting new clients in.They should also look to work with providers of complementary services such as accountancy, surveying and estate agents to ensure they can offer those clients a wider range.The ICAEW spent more than two years trying to become an approved regulator and last year estimated 250 firms would apply for an ABS.Executive director Vernon Soare said the development would ‘open up the marketplace’ for the consumer and make the sector more competitive.
Sharing is caring! Share Tweet Share 605 Views no discussions NewsRegional Shivnarine Chanderpaul is not dead by: – May 29, 2019 Share Former West Indies Cricketer, Shivnarine Chanderpaul(NEWS ROOM GUYANA) — Shivnarine Chanderpaul has debunked claims in an online article, which reported he died on Tuesday morning following a vehicular accident “at the Toronto Mall” Monday night.The article, titled ‘Man knocked down by vehicle in Toronto identified as Guyanese cricketer Shivnarine Chanderpaul’, appeared on www.cbtvn.com.It claimed Chanderpaul was knocked down by a Honda Civic.“I’m alive and well,” Chanderpaul told News Room on Tuesday afternoon. “I’m in Guyana; I’m not in Toronto.”The article claimed “the Guyanese Embassy in Canada has confirmed the identity of the 44-year-old and said they were aware of his visit to Toronto, Canada.”
The Brazilian midfielder left Anfield for Barcelona in a £130.5m deal back in January 2018 but struggled to establish himself at the Spanish giants.He’s spending this season on loan at Bayern Munich, who have the option to turn the deal into a permanent one for €120m at the end of the season.There are doubts whether that will happen, though, according to Sport, with Coutinho having failed to reignite his career in Bavaria so far.And should the Bundesliga side decide not to exercise their option, Barça are ‘preparing for the possible scenarios’ should he return to the Nou Camp, with it almost ruled out that he’ll stay at the club.Embed from Getty ImagesSeveral clubs, including Liverpool, are ‘interested’ in his situation, with it stated that they would ‘value his signing’ should he be set for a move away.Barcelona are also evaluating the option of using Coutinho as part of a big-money move for another player, such as Neymar, with PSG director Leonardo, a known admirer of the midfielder.That is likely a better option for Barça to explore, with it doubtful Liverpool would be genuinely interested in bringing Coutinho back in future.While they could do with a creative midfielder of his ilk and he played his best football under Jürgen Klopp, there seems to be little desire to try and get him back for a second spell, particularly given what they’d have to pay to make it happen.Comments that have come out of the club have hardly been positive about the idea either. Captain Jordan Henderson has openly stated that Coutinho’s time at Liverpool was over when asked abouut it, while CEO Peter Moore was hardly effusive about the Brazilian either.Then there’s Coutinho’s stance to consider too. It’s likely he would turn down the chance, especially after the reports his family were never truly happy living on Merseyside.Those are all major reasons why the possibility of a return to Anfield seem remote at best. There’s reasons it’d make sense, sure, but there’s far more showing why it won’t happen than why it will.This latest suggestion instead feels more like Sport trying to push Liverpool as potential bidders to ramp up interest rather than there being any genuine interest from Anfield.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameIf You Like to Play, this Strategy Game is AddictiveForge of Empires – Free Online GameUndo聽多多 Hearmore.asia1969年前出生的香港居民現可免費試戴頂尖的歐洲助聽器聽多多 Hearmore.asiaUndoRaid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadEven Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It’s Worth Installing!)Raid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadUndoCoworking Space | Search AdsThe cost of shared office in Hong Kong might surprise youCoworking Space | Search AdsUndoHero WarsGetting this Treasure is impossible! Prove us wrong!Hero WarsUndo熱門話題小心會長過頭…網友推爆:「真的長得超誇張!」熱門話題UndoCNN with DBS BankWhat Banks Did To Help Corporations Mitigate Future CrisesCNN with DBS BankUndoDating.comFind out where single guys are hanging out in Tung ChungDating.comUndoGrepolis – Online Free GameGamers Around the World Have Been Waiting for this Game! Already 35 Million PlayersGrepolis – Online Free GameUndo Liverpool have once again been named as suitors for Philippe Coutinho should he leave Barcelona as expected this summer.