Prince Says Jamaica a Warm and Exciting Place Foreign AffairsMarch 7, 2012 RelatedPrince Says Jamaica a Warm and Exciting Place FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail His Royal Highness (HRH) Prince Henry of Wales (always known as Prince Harry) has extended appreciation to the Government and people of Jamaica for the warm welcome extended to him since his arrival in the island. He was speaking at a State Dinner hosted by Governor-General, His Excellency the Most Hon. Sir Patrick Allen in his honour, Tuesday March 6 at King’s House. The Prince, who arrived in the island on Monday (March 5) on a four-day visit to mark The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, said that Jamaica and its people have retained a place in the heart of the Queen since she first visited the island 59 years ago. “Sorry, she could not be here and you’re stuck with me, ‘but every little thing is gonna be alright’, he said to laughter from the dignitaries gathered for the black-tie event. The affable and charming Prince, who earlier in the day, raced with sprint sensation, Usain Bolt and danced with children from inner-city communities at Rise Life Management Services, downtown Kingston, stated that the country’s vibrancy and vigor, hospitality and natural beauty “all combine to make Jamaica unique”. “The Queen recognised this early in her life and has communicated her very high regard for Jamaica and Jamaicans through successive generations of her family. As a representative of the younger generation, I see fully what my grandmother means. This is truly an exciting place to be; Jamaicans are exciting people to be around especially when they run the 100 meters in 9.58 seconds,” he said in reference to Bolt’s 100 metre World Record. “I haven’t been here for long, but if I had, I’m not sure my grandmother would get me to come back,” he stated. Prince Harry said he was grateful for the heartfelt way in which Jamaicans have embraced the Diamond Jubilee and have helped to celebrate it. He paid tribute to his grandmother for her lifetime of service to others. “It is truly an inspiration how she combines all her virtues as a leader, and as Head of State and those of being a wonderful, caring grandmother,” he stated. Among those at the black-tie dinner were: Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Portia Simpson Miller; Cabinet and other Ministers of Government; Leader of the Opposition, Andrew Holness; Former Governor General, the Most Hon. Professor Sir Kenneth Hall; Former Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Edward Seaga; leaders of business and civil society; and members of the diplomatic corps. On Wednesday (March 7), Prince Harry will participate in a military exercise at the Jamaica Defence Force (JDF) headquarters and oversee the dedication of the JDF’s Rappelling Tower. He will co-pilot a helicopter to Falmouth where he will visit the William Knibb Baptist Church, Good Hope Great House and the Falmouth Pier. He will also attend a Jamaica night reception and show at Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay. RelatedPrince Says Jamaica a Warm and Exciting Place Advertisements RelatedPrince Says Jamaica a Warm and Exciting Place
Rovio boosted by Angry Birds games AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInLinkedInShare to TwitterTwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookFacebookShare to MoreAddThisMore 30 JUL 2015 Related Steve Costello Author Rovio CEO to depart at year-end Steve works across all of Mobile World Live’s channels and played a lead role in the launch and ongoing success of our apps and devices services. He has been a journalist…More Read more HomeAppsNews Rovio aims high with Angry Birds 2 Previous ArticleYahoo officially unveils LivetextNext ArticleLINE sees Q2 revenue slip Angry Birds 2 boosts Rovio results Rovio Entertainment launched Angry Birds 2, as it looked to capitalise on the popularity of what was described as “the most downloaded mobile game series of all time”.While the company described the app as the “first sequel” to the original app, it has offered a number of variants in the meantime – such as Angry Birds Space, Angry Birds Seasons and Angry Birds Rio.While the success of the original Angry Birds is impossible to doubt (more than 2.5 billion downloads), Rovio’s growth hasn’t always been smooth. Last year it cut 110 employees (with some reassigned internally) after having built its team on “assumptions of faster growth than have materialised”.And the company reported solid growth in its games business for 2014, with sales increasing to €110.7 million from €95.2 million.Indeed, Angry Birds has served the company well. Fabien Nicholas, VP of marketing communications and community for analytics firm App Annie, said: “Even six years after the launch of its marquee title, we are still seeing Rovio take a significant share of downloads, with a number 8 rank worldwide in June”.Rovio is positioning itself as “the first [company] to build an entertainment brand from a mobile gaming app”, which has taken it into a number of new areas, including a “high-budget Angry Birds feature film”.Angry Birds 2 is said to have been “overhauled from the ground up”, while maintaining the “much-loved slingshot format”.“Design technology has evolved dramatically since the original game launched in 2009. With Angry Birds 2 we wanted to bring a level of expressive depth and detail seen previously only in a console game or animated series – and create a new game that kids and adults alike won’t be able to put down,” said Niklas Hed, co-founder of Rovio.Angry Birds 2 is available for Android and iOS. Apps Tags Angry BirdsRovio
Heightened concerns about possible the risk of Ebola transmission from the semen of male survivors prompted the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to revise its advice about the disease yesterday, while World Health Organization (WHO) today said early tests have found no infectious disease link to a mysterious illness cluster in the country’s Ondo state.In the outbreak region, a few more Ebola infections and deaths have been reported, lifting the overall total to 25,863 infections, 10,715 of them fatal, the WHO said today. The numbers reflect 8 more illnesses and 13 deaths than the WHO’s previous update on Apr 17.CDC tweaks sexual activity guidanceFor past Ebola outbreaks, some medical literature reports documented traces of the Ebola virus in the semen of male survivors, even after the virus has cleared from the bloodstream, which led to recommendations that survivors should abstain or take precautions in the 3 months after recovery. However, sexual transmission was strongly suspected as the source of exposure in Liberia’s most recent case-patient, a 44-year-old Monrovia woman who died from her infection in late March.That event, and a report last week of evidence of Ebola virus in the semen of a Liberian man 6 months after recovery, have renewed concerns about the sexual transmission route and has health groups modifying their advice for survivors until more information is known.The WHO is urging survivors to take extra precautions until more research questions can be answered, such as whether the Liberian man’s findings were an anomaly or if seminal fluid can be infectious for longer periods. It said that, as an extra precaution, survivors should consider proper use of condoms for all sexual acts beyond the 3-month period until more is known.Yesterday’s updated guidance from the CDC says scientists know that Ebola can stay in semen even after recovery and are doing studies to see if Ebola can be spread through sex. It said that, for now, sexual transmission can’t be ruled out, and that survivors should not have sex (oral, vaginal, or anal) until more information is known. “Those who do have sex should use a condom correctly and consistently every time they have sex,” the CDC said.Infectious disease ruled out in NigeriaIn other developments, rumors have been swirling for the past week about a possible Ebola or other infectious disease link to a spate of illnesses and deaths in southwestern Nigeria’s Ondo state, according to infectious disease news message boards and blogs that have been monitoring media reports and other outlets.The WHO’s regional office for Africa said today in a statement, citing Nigeria’s health ministry, that rumors are false that an unidentified disease outbreak is behind 24 illnesses, 15 of them fatal, since Apr 15 in two Ondo state communities.At a press briefing today in Abuja, health minister Fidelis Nwankwo said Nigerian health officials and their partners from the WHO were deployed to the Ondo city of Irele on Apr 15 to investigate rumors about an unidentified disease outbreak.He said preliminary epidemiologic and laboratory investigations found no infectious disease link, but findings so far reveal a strong link to drinking gin that has been contaminated with methanol. Nwankwo said further lab studies are under way.The illnesses affected men ages 20 to 75 years old, and 71% of them had a history of consuming locally made gin and were farmers, according to the WHO statement. Symptoms included sudden blurred vision, headache, and loss of consciousness, followed by death, within 24 hours of getting sick.A Nigerian media story picked up by ProMED Mail on Apr 19 reported that Ebola Alert, a group of health professional volunteers who assisted with the Ebola outbreak, said tests on samples from victims were sent to a lab in Lagos, where they tested negative for Ebola and five other diseases: yellow fever, Lassa fever, Rift Valley fever, dengue, and West Nile disease. ProMED Mail is the online reporting system of the International Society for Infectious Diseases.See also: Apr 20 WHO Ebola updateApr 19 updated CDC background on Ebola transmissionApr 15 CIDRAP News story “Challenges in Guinea spur increase in Ebola cases”Apr 20 WHO Africa regional office statementApr 16 FluTrackers thread on Nigeria illnesses and deathsApr 19 ProMED Mail post
Following a new agreement with the Government of Malaysia and Kuantan Port Authority for a 30‐year port concession, the Kuantan Port Consortium (KPC) will develop, operate and manage the Kuantan Port, which covers the existing port and a new deep water terminal (NDWT). According to the agreement signed, the new deep water terminal (NDWT) will be developed by KPC in two phases with a total cost of approximately $808 million.The development will involve dredging of the harbor basin and navigational channel, reclamation works, construction of new berths and cargo storage yards as well as provision of infrastructure facilities and utilities associated with port operations.When finished, the NDWT will serve as a multipurpose port for handling various types of cargo, increasing industrial growth in the region.In addition, the deeper harbor basin of the NDWT will enable the berthing of larger ships thus allowing Kuantan Port to be an important transshipment gateway to ASEAN and Asia Pacific.[mappress mapid=”20677″]
Damian Lillard: Well, this is one way to back off a defender. 😳pic.twitter.com/DurBAf4ARx— Sporting News (@sportingnews) October 8, 2019MORE: What do the Hornets want to be after Kemba’s exit?Morris didn’t back down after the game, saying that while he may have taken things too far, he’s also “not taking any s—” from his opponents this year.Some people online felt Anderson had grounds to fight Morris for the knock to the face, even criticizing him for maintaining relative calm afterward.Wizards teammate Bradley Beal was simply in awe of Morris’ audacity.”Whatever happened is between him and JA,” Beal told reporters. “But you can expect that from the (Morris) twins. Crazy in the preseason, though.”NBA player reactions from social mediaHere is a sampling of how the league reacted to the antics. The below comments were posted in reply to a highlight of the play on Instagram.Some players, such as Damian Lillard, laughed at the highlight. Others, such as J.R. Smith, were upset they weren’t signed with a team while Morris was employed.Deron Williams: BR Instagram https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/23/4c/jeff-green-instagram_17nkixuhun1x71oexwh9fndt5v.png?t=-1446240547&w=500&quality=80 BR Instagram https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/9/a5/jr-smith-instagram_10hqb2sp8pubwzqw5rfetszjf.png?t=-1446241627&w=500&quality=80 BR Instagram https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/c1/88/damian-lillard-instagram_e712v5bgn8mu1ee1nx9crx38y.png?t=-1446241627&w=500&quality=80 J.R. Smith: Jeff Green: BR Instagram https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/5/53/dorell-wright-instagram_4cn25g3dzlxk10hovod5odks8.png?t=-1446242675&w=500&quality=80 Knicks forward Marcus Morris pulled out the most disrespectful move in his toolbox against Wizards guard Justin Anderson on Monday in a preseason game. It led to his ejection — and a dose of laughter and criticism around the NBA.After exchanging trash talk with Anderson throughout the contest, Morris whacked Anderson in the head with the basketball while being closely guarded. His actions started a mini-fracas, and he was assessed a flagrant 2. Dorrel Wright: BR Instagram https://images.daznservices.com/di/library/sporting_news/1f/37/deron-williams-instagram_1uzm7cp0h8go71gihklelw2v50.png?t=-1446240547&w=500&quality=80
Advertisement hrvNBA Finals | Brooklyn VscilWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eba3o( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) cplaWould you ever consider trying this?😱2i7Can your students do this? 🌚6tRoller skating! Powered by Firework The young Colts have repeatedly defined that Indian Football is evolving. For the first time in sixteen years, the Indian U-16 squad has qualified for the quarterfinals of the AFC U-16 championship. In their final group match, India held Indonesia for a 0-0 draw.Advertisement As Bibiano Fernandes, the U16 national team coach stated, this Indian team has the potential to make us dream and they are a hungry bunch of young footballers ready to give their best every time they are on the field.The young guns qualified ahead of Iran and Vietnam as they progressed from Group C to the quarterfinals of the championship. They kept clean sheets in all the three clashes and are now up to face the Asian giants Korea Republic in the Quarters.Advertisement Seeing the enormous support from the Indian fans, Star India took the opportunity and finalized broadcasting terms with the AFC and are set to telecast the Quarter Finals on Star Sports 2/2 HD on October 1st from 6 PM.Advertisement Star Sports to telecast the historic U-16 AFC Quarter Finals against KoreaAs the top 4 teams from the championship directly qualify for the U-17 FIFA World Cup to be held in Peru next year, the Indian U-16 National Team is just one step away to play the World Cup for the very first time on merit basis and create history! Also Read:India is one victory away from qualifying for the FIFA U-17 World Cup but they need your support! Advertisement
Advertisement tc4wuNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs9ceWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Expsc( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 3y4Would you ever consider trying this?😱2ah6Can your students do this? 🌚bn8ksRoller skating! Powered by Firework Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder are set for a big heavyweight showdown at the Staples Center in Los Angles, California on Dec. 1.Advertisement This is the biggest heavyweight fight to be staged on the American soil in a long long time and for the first time in more than a decade, a heavyweight clash is scheduled to air on Pay-per-view.Advertisement The tickets are moving very fast and demands are very high and the successful three-city promotional tour has definitely caused a huge buzz amongst boxing fans as they managed to sell $1million (£770,000) of tickets in just 25 minutes.In an interview with Michelle Joey Phelps from Behind the gloves broke the news to wilder.Advertisement And he looks at the camera, says “oh my God,” before dropping to the floor. But the 32-year-old was only messing around and manages to get back to his feet.“I appreciate you guys so much, two months still to go let’s go baby.” Wilder said.VIDEO:Also Read-Boxing: Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder is OFFICIAL Advertisement
By Aneeka Simonis A CAR stolen in a brazen home burglary in Officer has been used to commit several other…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.
Each team continues play Friday and Saturday before the playoff round Sunday.The Nelson Selects U18 Girls have the best shot at a medal after finishing second last year.The squad is bolstered by many graduates from the U16 Selects that captured the gold medal in 2016.Nelson opens action Thursday against the Surdel Selects.Other games in Surrey have the Nelson U16 squad meeting Coquitlam Ford and U13 Select playing Terrace.In Vernon, Nelson U13s meet Terrace, U14 play host Vernon United, U16 Boy’s face Bays United and U18s take on West Coast Auto. A handful of Nelson Youth Soccer teams have taken to the road to represent the Heritage City Association at the BC Soccer Provincial B Cup in Surrey and Vernon.Four boy’s squads open play Thursday at the Les Sinnott Memorial Tournament in the Central Okanagan while three girl’s teams traveled to the Lower Mainland to participate in the BC Soccer Provincial B Cup.All teams open play Thursday in round robin action.
print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email Mick Culhane from the Salthill Knocknacarra club spoke earlier on this morning to Keith Finnegan on Galway Talks about his plans for the future of Galway GAA as outlined in a four page manifesto (below) circulated to all the GAA clubs in the county and he began by explaining his decision to run for the position…(following 30 second ad) The Galway GAA County Board Convention takes place next Monday night, Dec 16th at 7pm in the Salthill Hotel and there will be a contest for the position of Chairperson between Pat Kearney and Mick Culhane.